SO MANY EXCITING THINGS. I might just bullet point because I’m too excited to form paragraphs.
- Our awesome coach has organised another mixed practise scrim for MAY (*hyperventilates*), plus some guest training…
- I went to my first ever roller disco NOT resulting in broken bones. (Also my second ever roller disco).
- Whilst at said disco I freaked at the mad skills of a Mrs Dave Grohl and played hockey on wheels. Felt sad that one of our ace coaches is leaving this week 😦
- Had our first skate with A Boy last Sunday. He was very tall and good at hitting girls. (This isn’t why our coach is leaving.)
- Loads of the rollergirls are so close to being min-skills passed which means PRACTISE SCRIMS SOON!
- Our league’s skate names have been sent to TwoEvils for registration… 😀
- I finally worked out backwards crossovers and can occasionally do it intentionally now (haha). Transitions also seem to be a regular drill now at training, which is making a massive difference to my skating, control and stopping.
- I took a friend (also a boy) to a roller derby bout a few months back and now he’s obsessed with skating and is training with Cardiff’s merby boys and he’s really really good already.
- Rollergirl Come Dine with Me this week (EEK!)
- The Little Mermaid and My Little Pony had a love child and it was my hair.